nCovid - 19 / Corona Virus
Our practice follows the infection control guidelines made by the various Podiatry governing bodies and Public Health England. We are constantly keeping up-to-date on new guidance that has been issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Staff will be wearing masks and possibly other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Air filtration units will be running in surgeries and waiting areas to
provide an added level of protection from airborne pathogens
• Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some
screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at
• We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter
the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other
places in the practice for you to use as needed.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and to allow time for the cleaning and disinfection of the surgeries between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• Toilet facilities will not be available
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How you can help:
• With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
• A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
• Any payment will be taken in advance where possible and should be made by debit/credit card
• Staff will not shake your hand
• If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the
practice by phone
• Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the
practice the front door will be locked
• Please do not arrive without an appointment
• Patients should come wearing a mask if possible or be prepared to wear one.
All of our premises have hand washing facilities and hand gel, have air filtration and are regularly cleaned and monitored. Our staff have all been well-trained and are being kept updated on current government advice.